How to enter
The competition is open to ALL Kent children in the following three categories:
- Category ONE – Key Stage 1 (ages 5 – 7)
- Category TWO – Key Stage 2 (ages 7 – 11)
- Category THREE – will combine Key Stages 3 and 4 (Ages 11 – 16)
We will select three winners in each of the following districts:
- Folkestone and Hythe
- Tonbridge and Malling
- Tunbridge Wells
- Entries will only be accepted from students who attend schools in one of the Kent Districts mentioned above so we need you to give us the name of your school on the entry form or alternatively schools can submit entries for you.
- If you are home schooled then you must select this on the drop down of schools and clearly give your full address and contact details on your entry.
- You can either submit entries as electronic documents such as Word or PDF, as an audio file or post a paper copy. Contact us on 01227 475966 or email@example.com should you require a pre-paid envelope for your entry.
This initiative would be a great class activity for small groups or simply a writing task and schools are encouraged to enter on students’ behalf to reduce the necessary verification checks that may need to take place. If you have a large class pack of entries, please complete the entry form under the teacher’s name (just so that we know to expect them) and post the entries to us with the names clearly written on each entry.
Any entry that is submitted from a parent as opposed to through a school will be subject to the schools verification that the entry is the student’s own work. So please ensure that ALL submissions are the work of the child and that it is an original piece of work.
Some children might find it easier or even more fun to complete their stories on our template that can be downloaded here! There is an option to print the form to post or scan or complete an editable PDF file that can be submitted on the entry form.